Chocolate Cake Pops
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Serving size: 1-1/2 inch
3/4 cup Hershey Cocoa
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp cup buttersoftened
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup sour cream
2 cups fine quality white chocolate
1 cup buttercream frosting
1. Heat over to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 9 x 13 inch cake pan.
2. Mix cocoa with boiling water in small bowl, stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
3. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until fluffy.
4. Beat eggs, one at a time. Stir in Vanilla
5. Gradually add cocoa mixture.
6. In separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt
7. Add flour mixture, alternately with milk and sour cream, into butter mix, beat well until blended.
8. Pour batter into prepared pan
9. Bake 30-40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
10. Cool. This recipe will make approximately 50 Cake Pops
How to construct the Cake Pops
1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Add frosting a couple of heaping tablespoons at a time, mix thoroughly. You may not need all the frosting, consistently should be that of play dough. Too much frosting, the cake pops won't hold together.
3. Use a small cookie scoop (this ensures all balls are same size) to make round balls of the cake mix, You'll need to hand role the balls with your hands to make a nice round shape. Place on wax paper covered cookie sheet. (Should make 45-50 balls). Refrigerate for 30-40 minutes
4. Melt about 2 cups yellow chocolate (or your preferred chocolate color) in double boiler
5. Once the balls are firm, carefully dip the cake ball into the yellow chocolate by holding the lollipop stick and rotating until covered. Once covered remove and softly tap and rotate until the excess chocolate falls off.
Don't tap too hard or the cake ball will fall off.
6. Place in a styrofoam block or on wax paper if putting into mini cupcake papers. Decorate.
7. Once the chocolate is dry, wrap each cake pup individually to secure freshness. Enjoy!