Gluten-Free Vanilla Cake
A perfect choice for those looking for gluten-free cake, cupcakes and nut free options.
Makes 24 cupcakes
Cooking time 25 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
2 cups white rice flour (King Arthurs Gluten-Free, sifted)
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp salt
3 egg whites (at room temperature)
1 egg (at room temperature)
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup milk
1 stick salted butter
2 tsp gluten-free vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degree C). Grease and flour two (2) 8 inch round cake pans.
2. Mix the white rice flour, salt baking soda, baking powder and xantham gum together and set aside.
3. Mix eggs, sugar and mayonnaise until fluffy. Add flour mixture, milk and vanilla, mix well. Spread batter into the prepared pans.
4. Bake for 25 minutes. Cakes are done when they spring back when lightly touched or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let it cool completely then frost if desired.
5. Bake for 13-15 minutes for cupcakes.
Serving Size: 1 cupcake (57g) Servings Per Container: 12
Calories: 280 Calories from Fat: 120