top of page
Makes 6 Turon (Banana Lumpia)
Prep time 10 minutes
Cooking time 12 minutes
Total time: 22 minutes
6 pieces Ripe Banana (plantains, cut in halves)
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
12 Lumpia Wrapper
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1. Roll ripe half banana in brown sugar, ensure that banana is well coated with sugar.
2. Place the well-coated banana in a lumpia wrapper and fold in. Use water or egg wash to seal the edge.
3. Heat oil in a pan for 220 degrees, add a tablespoon of brown sugar. Wait until sugar floats and then slowly slide in wrapped banana in the heated oil.
4. Fry banana until golden brown both sides, sprinkle a brown sugar on top if desired.
5. Serve hot or add a scope of ice cream on the side. Enjoy
bottom of page